February 1: Application Deadline for Funding Consideration
Apply online at: http://graduateschool.vt.edu/admissions/how-to-apply.html
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Optimal GRE scores: verbal, 158 or higher; analytic, 5.0 or higher
- TOEFL score, if applicable. Applicants for whom native language is not English: a minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper) or 250 (computer-based) or 100 (IBT).
A Complete Application
- Curriculum vitae / resumé
- Application Essay/Statement of Purpose (Students interested in the public history certificate should include this information in the personal statement.)
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- A writing sample (The ideal writing sample is a 10-15 page research paper on a historical topic that highlights your research and writing skills. A shorter, 7-10 page analytical essay is also acceptable.)
- All academic transcripts
- TOEFL scores if applicable
For the Dual Degree Option with Teaching Licensure: apply to both the History MA and the Curriculum and Instruction MA programs.
If you are interested in the Civil War era of US history or in the history of Virginia consider applying for scholarships offered by the Virginia Center for Civil War Studies and the Frank L. Curtis Fund.
Questions about the application process? Email Dr. Matt Heaton, the Director of Graduate Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.