February 1: Application Deadline for Funding Consideration
- Minimum undergraduate GPA: 3.0
- TOEFL score (if applicable) 90, or IELTS of 6.5. Further, TOEFL scores of 20 or greater in Listening, Writing, Speaking, and Reading subsections are required.
- Application Fees: $75.00
- Note: The VT History MA program does not require GRE scores for admission.
A Complete Application:
- Curriculum vitae / resumé
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- A writing sample (The ideal writing sample is a 10-15 page research paper on a historical topic that highlights your research and writing skills. A shorter, 7-10 page analytical essay is also acceptable.)
- All higher-education academic transcripts
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
If you are interested in the Civil War era of US history or in the history of Virginia consider applying for scholarships offered by the Virginia Center for Civil War Studies and the Frank L. Curtis Fund.
Questions about the application process? Email Dr. Matthew M. Heaton, the Director of Graduate Studies, at email@example.com.